|Images may not work with default settings.
- Alpha Source: transparent images like ".png" need this set to "Input Texture Alpha", otherwise "None".
- Alpha Is Transparency: transparent images need this checked.
Alpha channels are outside the scope of this documentation (see Apple's explanation).
- Read/Write Enabled: must be checked. This should be the 1st thing you do after adding a new image file.
This needs to be checked so that the pixel data can be extracted and used in the generated track atlas.
- Generate Mip Maps: needs to be UNchecked for sharp texture quality.
Mip maps are outside the scope of this documentation (see Valve's explanation).
- Filter Mode: should be set to "Point (no filter)".
Texture filtering is outside the scope of this documentation (see Wikipedia's explanation).